FEMA Public Assistance Consultant
Thompson Consulting Services (Thompson) is a full service disaster recovery and grant management consultancy based in Lake Mary, FL. Thompson is seeking individuals with experience assisting state and local governments with the administration and recovery of FEMA Public Assistance (PA) and Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) funds to serve as Grant Management Consultants. Hiring will be contingent upon the needs of Thompson’s clients and associated project schedules. If selected, the candidate is expected to travel full time to various locations in response to client needs. Candidates should be familiar with FEMA policy and procedures including program eligibility, the FEMA Grants Portal, scope development, cost estimating, project reporting and other guidance and support required by Applicants/Subgrantees. Experience with government accounting, payroll, timekeeping and contract invoice review is required. The candidate will report to a Project Manager.
This position is for temporary assignment and may not be immediately available. If selected, you will be considered for future work on Thompson projects.
Sample duties which may be performed include but are not limited to:
- Work with local, state and federal officials to identify eligible response, recovery and mitigation activities
- Advise clients and TCS project accountants on FEMA PA policy and documentation requirements
- Develop FEMA Project Worksheets
- Assist with the development of project scopes of work and review for accuracy and eligibility
- Reconcile and prepare project documentation in support of grant applicants
- Manage simultaneous development of multiple Project Worksheets
- Organize and maintain project records
Skills required for this position include:
- Communicate effectively (written and orally) with team members and local, state and federal officials
- Ability to create, organize and maintain project documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Work independently to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- HS degree and three years industry experience working with federal grant programs including related statutes, regulations, policies and processes or Bachelor’s degree and previous experience with federal grant programs.
-College degree and two or more years of direct experience highly preferred.
- FEMA PA Program and/or Project Worksheet development experience required.
- Field experience at the state and/or local level in preparing or reviewing grant applications preferred.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be able to operate a computer
- Must be able to be mobile outside for site assessments
Thompson Consulting Services, LLC and Thompson Holdings, Inc are equal opportunity employers.